Policies for In-Studio Classes
Welcome back to the Center! Now that we’re reopening for in-studio classes, a few things have changed. Please read these policies carefully, before attending a class at the Center.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for everyone, following all COVID-related guidance from the County, State, CDC and other agencies. In some cases, we're currently choosing to take a more cautious approach than the current guidelines require. And given the swift pace of change in that guidance, these policies will be updated frequently - so please check back regularly.
If you have any questions about these policies - or anything else, for that matter - please feel free to email us.
The following policies are effective as of July 15, 2021:
Advance Registration Required
Advance registration is now required for all classes – NO drop-ins.
- Register on our Schedule page.
- You must register at least 2 hours before the class start time.
- Registration will be closed at that time, and/or once the class reaches capacity.
- If you register but are unable to attend, you must cancel your reservation at least 2 hours prior to class start time. Otherwise, you will be charged for the class, as the space could have been used by another student.
Class Size Limit
As of June 15, the State has removed capacity limits. However, for the time being, we've decided to limit in-studio classes to 12 students. Please see important information above regarding advance registration, which is now required because of this capacity limit.
We are following the current CDC and State guidelines, which are:
- Masks are optional for vaccinated students.
- Masks are required at all times for unvaccinated students: when entering and exiting the studio; during practice on your mat; and while moving around the studio.
- We trust in the honor system, and will not be asking for vaccination status.
Mat Spacing and Social Distancing
Although social distancing requirements have been removed in the latest State guidelines:
- Please place your yoga mats a minimum of 5-6 feet apart. Follow the guide dots on the wall to place your mat.
- Please maintain a comfortable distance from others, when off your mat.
We plan to ease this rule sometime in the near future.
You are strongly encouraged to bring your own mat and yoga props. However, if you’d like to use our props, sanitized props are available in their regular places on the shelves.
The teacher will check you in on arrival. Only one person is allowed in the ‘reception area’ (sign-in desk / prop area) at a time, to maintain safe distancing.
Personal Item Storage
You are free to store your personal items wherever feels best: inside cubbies, outside cubbies, or in your car.
Hand sanitizers are located on a table next to the door. Sanitizing wipes and sprays are also available, should you care to disinfect your props, or the studio’s, before or after use.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
High-touch / commonly used surfaces and objects will be disinfected before and after every class.
As much as possible, based on weather conditions, doors and windows will be opened to allow for improved air circulation. A HEPA-13 air filter will also be running before, during and after classes.
Please self-check before attending class; we trust in the honor system and will not be screening for any medical conditions. If you feel unwell, are immune compromised or at-risk, please stay home and consider joining our online classes.
Teachers will ask you for permission before offering hands-on adjustments.
Before and After Class
We know that socializing with your fellow students is an important part of your experience at the Center. To the greatest degree possible, please do that socializing amongst the oak trees on the deck outside the studio.